1/4 cup olive oil
1 pinch pepper
1 pinch salt
3 ripe avocados- peeled, pitted & mashed
1 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro (without stems)
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1. In a small pot, heat on high two cups of water till it boils.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of powdered chicken seasoning or one crushed chicken boullion cube. Stir till it dissolves.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add one cup of dry white rice and cover pot with lid.
4. Simmer for 45 minutes or until rice kernels are soft.
1. While the rice is cooking, prepare the guacamole.
2. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, and garlic.
3. Optional- Stir in Cayenne Pepper.
(Prepare Tilapia and steamed vegetables of your choice when guacamole is completed)
1. In a large non stick skillet, add olive oil and heat over range top on high.
2. Slightly reduce heat and add Tilapia. Sprinkle sparingly the salt and pepper over each piece of tilapia.
3. Fry the fish till golden brown on each side. When done, place the fish on a paper towel to gather the excess oil.
- Note: The fish can be baked at 350 for 10 minutes
1. Place a portion of rice on a dinner plate.
2. Place one piece of tilapia over the rice.
3. Place Guacamole on the Tilapia not covering it. You should be able to see the fish.
4. Place the steamed Vegetables on the plate and serve.