Number of Servings: 4
Author: Chef Allan Arkin
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1/2 zucchini, diced
1/2 large onion, diced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed (1 cup)
5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tbs butter
2 tbs olive oil
Breakfast, Brunch & Dinner
1. Eggs- crack all into a large metal bowl. Add salt & pepper then beat eggs. Set aside.
Pre-heat the broiler to 450° and move the rack to the center position.
3. Cube the potatoes and cook potatoes in oil about
5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender
4. Vegetables- Dice the zucchini and the onion and slice the mushrooms. Sauté
the vegetables on the range top in a medium pan using the olive oil till it is al dente.
5. Re-beat the eggs and add all
ingredients. Slightly mix together.
6. In a medium non-stick pan with a handle that will not burn in the broiler, melt
the butter with a little olive oil over high heat on the range top. Pour all into the pan then cook for a short period of time without
stirring making sure not to burn the bottom and sides.
7. When the bottom and sides are done, place the pan on the
middle oven rack till done with out burning the top. The Frittata should puff up and the top should be a golden brown. To make sure
it is done, insert a butter knife into the middle then remove. The knife should be free of raw eggs.
8. Serving- slice the frittata
like a pizza and serve.