A very popular dessert. Learn how to make/prepare Chocolate Mousse by following this easy recipe.
- 25 oz Bittersweet Chocolate (melted and kept lukewarm)
3 Tbs Granulated Sugar
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Egg Yolks
1. Heat 2/3 cup of cream in small saucepan over low flame until it just begins to steam.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
3. Add half portion of the hot cream, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
4. Add the warm egg-cream blend back into the rest hot cream in the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly for a few more minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
6. Chill the chocolate custard thoroughly.
7. Beat remaining 1-1/3 cups of cream in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
8. Thoroughly stir ˝ cup of the whipped cream into the chilled chocolate custard, and then gently fold in the remaining cream.
9. Now thoroughly incorporated chocolate custard into the whipped cream and serve chilled.
Author: Chef Allan Arkin
Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins